Rapid increase in demand, work complexity and community expectations are common issues facing government agencies. These challenges can often result in workplace stress and failure to meet operational benchmarks.
This case study demonstrates how Prominence helped one of its clients overcome these cultural, operational and environmental challenges.
Our client is part of the justice and dispute resolution system. They required an organisational review to strengthen their capabilities and capacity to deal with increasing workload pressures and build a more cohesive, supportive team culture.
Working with senior management, Prominence consultants undertook:
- Extensive stakeholder engagement and current state analysis
- Collaborative development of structural options
- Implementation planning
- Coaching of leaders to share findings with the wider team
- Support for senior leaders to prepare submissions to fund measures included in the implementation plan
The objectives were met by applying the following skills:
- Organisational review including current and future state and gap analysis
- Organisational development
- Risk and benefit analysis
- Leadership development program scoping
- Stakeholder and relationship management
- Change management principles
- Coaching and mentoring
- Internal communications
Prominence consultants delivered a range of outcomes to help senior leaders set the transformation agenda including:
- A comprehensive report on workforce climate and organisational structure
- Ownership of the findings by senior stakeholders across the organisation
- Implementation Plan bringing together business alignment and talent management activities across four priority areas – performance, alignment, capability and engagement
- Consistent messaging from the leadership team to employees about report findings and implementation measures
- Quantitative and qualitative data to add weight to funding submissions to assist transformation efforts