Senior Managers in public sector organisations are facing considerable practical challenges in implementing measures to reduce and prevent corruption in their agencies.
By choosing to engage an independent investigator, agencies are seeking a fair and unbiased process, guided and managed by consultants who have a depth of experience designing and managing investigations based on complaints about individuals or serious systemic issues.
The challenges our Workplace Investigations clients are grappling with include:
- An increased volume of complaints that require management enquiry or workplace investigation
- An increased need for capacity and specialist skills to undertake workplace investigations
- Minimising the impacts of an investigation on the people and workplaces involved
- Ensuring the quality of the investigation meets regulatory standards and scrutiny
- Using investigations to prevent corruption by identifying actionable risks and control measures during the investigation process.
We start by working closely with our clients to understand the complaint and design an investigation pathway that follows procedural requirements towards a practical outcome which is appropriate to the agency. We are flexible to changing needs as an investigation progresses, with the ability to scale up or down as required. We lead and manage investigations or provide coaching and advice to an internal investigation team.
The skills our consultants bring to investigations include:
- Interpretation of legislative acts/statutes/directives to design process paths for investigations
- Project management skills to sequence events and alter according to the course of the investigation
- Strong industrial relations and human resource management knowledge
- Stakeholder engagement
- Interviewing with objectivity and sensitivity
- Data collation and analysis to present objective findings, identify risks and recommended actions
- Active identification of prevention opportunities
- Coaching and mentoring
Our consultants are also often asked to remain involved in the delivery of investigation recommendations and implementation of prevention measures including training and coaching.
Who we support
In Queensland, Prominence is an accredited provider in the Workplace Investigations category under the Standing Offer Arrangement, QGP0050-18, Tranche 2 Human Resources. Our consultants have worked across a number of federal, state and local government agencies, as well as in the private and not-for-profit sectors.